No matter what type of lifestyle you are currently living, if you are interested in making it a bit healthier but are not sure how to go about it, have you considered the benefits of natural health supplements?
Fish oil is one of the top-selling natural supplements on the market today because of the many health benefits it brings to the table. Whether you are trying to create a new and healthy lifestyle or trying to boost an existing healthy lifestyle, fish oil may the exactly what you’re looking for. It can be purchased at any natural health food store and it is 100% safe to use on a regular basis.
The main reason fish oil is so beneficial for our health is because of these two omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. Although you may have heard that flaxseed oil is another great source for omega-3 when taken in this form your body has to convert it to DHA and EPA and this can be a long process and for some people this process is impossible. This is why fish oil is preferred to flaxseed oil today. Take a look at the top 7 health benefits brought to you by fish oil.
- Improved function of the immune system. Studies have actually shown that regular intake of fish oil can reduce the risks of breast cancer as well as prostate cancer significantly.
- If you have high blood pressure due to high cholesterol, fish oil can actually lower your blood pressure over a short period of time.
- It reduces the rates of depression
- Lowers the risk of developing Alzheimer’s as you get older
- Lowers blood triglycerides which can contribute to cardiovascular diseases
- Helps reduce the possibility of blood clots by preventing blood platelets from sticking together.
- Can reduce inflammation for a number of different conditions such as psoriasis and arthritis.
This is just a brief list of the different health benefits you can take advantage of by choosing to include fish oil in your daily routine. Just as with any product on the market today, inferior fish oils do exist and it is important to do your research and purchase from a reliable manufacturer and brand name so you can be confident in the product you’re receiving. Our favorite brands are Optimum Nutrition and Health From The Sea, but take a look online and browse through natural health blogs to learn what other brands people have found success with and which brands are the ones to stay away from. Like any other consumer, everyone wants to make sure they are getting the best product for their dollar and for their health and this is why these blogs exist, to share information.
Once you find the brand you are going to invest in, it will likely come in plain oil or in capsules. These can be taken as pills or mixed in with your food, it really is up to you, and the results are the same no matter how you take it.