It’s amazing just how many healthy snacks for keto are available to anyone living the keto lifestyle. There are hundreds of healthy foods to snack on between meals which is one of the main reasons this diet is so successful.
We are sharing our picks of the best grab-and-go snacks to choose from so everyone can find something they enjoy that will hold them over between meals.
- Pork Rinds: These yummy pork skins are deep-fried and delicious. Just check the ingredients to make sure they weren’t fried in vegetable oil or some other type of unhealthy oil. If they are flavored, make sure they don’t contain maltodextrin which is known to spike sugar levels and destroy gut bacteria.
- Dark Chocolate: Mmm, chocolate. Make sure it’s sweetened with Stevia or other keto-friendly sugar substitutes that won’t knock you out of ketosis.
- Beef Jerky: There are many flavors available. When doing keto, it’s important to check the ingredients for added sugars and chemicals.
- Seeds: There are many seeds that you can eat. These include sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and more. Always check labels to make sure they weren’t roasted with unhealthy oils or flavorings.
- Avocados: These are delicious snacks filled with healthy fats. Add just a dash of sea salt for a snack that will keep you satisfied for hours.
- Pickles: As you progress farther into your keto journey, you will start appreciating the intense flavor of pickles. You can eat them fried or plain. The sodium can help restore electrolytes when you are in ketosis.
- Sardines: Maybe you never thought of sardines as a snack food, but these can be eaten as a healthy snack and are loaded with healthy fats and Omega-3s. Just be sure they are not canned in unhealthy oil or flavorings.
- Nut Butters: These are delicious options that you can use on your low-carb veggies. You can get them in almonds, cashew, peanut, and coconut. Just be sure there are no added sugars.
- Nuts: Walnuts, macadamias, Brazil nuts, and pecans are best for you. Just don’t go overboard. If you are hungry, grab a handful to soothe your hunger.
- Seaweed Chips: These are a great alternative to potato chips and are available in a few different flavorings. Always check for maltodextrin when you get any flavored snack, spice, or condiment.
These are just a few of the quick and healthy, grab-and-go options available on the keto diet.
Try these healthy snacks on keto so you never feel deprived. There are many more foods that you can snack on that take some prep so you can make them up ahead of time. The healthy snacks we’ve shared in this article don’t need any prep time.